Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pining for Winter aka Plaid on Plaid


Sorry for the long break from posting, the new house has needed a lot of work.  Still nowhere near done, the barn has been barely touched and well looks like next year we are gonna need a new roof.

I was unpacking and repacking my winter camping gear when I came across my "snowshoeing outfit,"   thought I'd share as I pine for some snow.

The shirt is a vintage Pendleton I picked up on ebay, for a thick wool shirt it has gotten a lot of wear this summer.  It's been cold and rainy hear in Central Ma.  The bibs are vintage Woolrich, made in the USA.  Woolrich still makes these bibs, but now in Mexico.  The vest is a modern Filson.  Like the Pendleton it has seen a lot of use this summer, usually over a canvas shirt with shorts.  The jacket is a NOS Filson from around 1987, it's a model 81.  Basically a little heavier version of the single mac cruiser with a quilted recoil pad built right in.  The boots are my LL Bean "Main Hunting Shoe," they have seen about 8 winters now, besides a little Nikwax every season they are holding up pretty well.

I like how there are 4 different plaids going on but still look good together.

1 comment:

  1. dude, it's still very much summer...this is making me sad.

    ReplyDelete