Monday, September 14, 2009

Torn

So after championing  Sigg for years they have done this whole "we never said we didn't have BPA, we said we didn't leach BPA" thing, what I remember them saying in fact was "we don't know if we have BPA, the company that make our liners won't tell us but tests confirm that no BPA is leached."  New information from SIGG is saying that they knew the whole time what was in their liners.

Now Sigg is doing a voluntary recall where they will replace any older bottle you have.  I'm going to send in my old bottles but I'm torn on keeping the new ones.  I feel lied to by Sigg, but the alternatives are stainless bottle like Kleen Kanteen and they are made in China.

3 comments:

  1. sort of been ignoring the sigg thing... do they send you a new one? will have to investigate. best j

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent in 4 bottles, apparently they then e-mail me a coupon to use on their website www.mysigg.com . I still don't know if I'm going to keep the new bottles, I kinda like these however: http://mysigg.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=719

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know, thx!
    On a slight side note - I posted a reply to you on bostonfixed re: your Filson stuff - you can reach me here - ofelas at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete