Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's still chilly in the White Mountains

Per a couple of e-mailed requests (just post comments people!)  some info on the above outfit. The shirt is a vintage Woolrich chamois cloth, Shorts are Filson double tin, socks are some old kilt hose (I wear Smartwool liner socks under them), tie is a Unas find, the belt pouch is a vintage 1920's geologist pouch (filled with a notebook, mechanical pencil and some maps).  The sweater a Barbour storm half-zip.  It's a pretty niffty water-proof/wind-proof deal that saw a lot of use this past winter. I first thought that the elbow and shoulder patches were suede but they are something called Alcantara.  I've own 2 other Barbour sweaters and this is the only one thats quality has not disappointed me.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Barbour Storm 1/2 zip. It's a pretty rocking sweater, has a really nice wind-proof water-proof linner. I'll see if I can get some more pictures up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in Southern MA and now live in Boston, Should be living in Central MA by the end of next month.

    ReplyDelete