Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Clippings from the Waste (Twice) look book

I've heard rumblings and grumblings about how people are getting sick of the "American heritage look," and are looking for something else.  I consider my look to be a mix up of classic yankee work and leisure wear.  I'd like to say that it's my style and that the zeitgeist and myself are just lining up for once.  We'll see if I jump on what ever the next bandwagon look is.  Le sigh...

On the topic of todays post I pulled some pictures from the Fall 2009 Waste (Twice) look book.  Overall I think the outfits they have assembled are a bit too twee, and I think the model looks like a right twat, and why do lines exclusive to Japan keep using anglo models?  These are a few outfits that I could use as inspiration or use a piece or two from.  Oh and sorry for the sucky crops, I had to save the images as PDFs and crop them in iPhoto.

I like the soft shoulders of this sports coat, the patch pockets and odd placement of the breast pocket.  The overall outfit is a little too Decemberists for me.

Again it's the sports coat I like in this picture, the soft construction and the rounded front.  The description says it is Harris tweed, but it falls like it is canvas.  I'm not a fan of drivers caps, the bow tie and normal length pants are a plus however.

I like the mackinaw pea coat, the rest of the outfit looks like what I would have worn when I lived in brooklyn 4 years ago.  I can't believe I used to dress like that.

Again I like the sports coat, and I like the khakis with turn-ups.  I've been thinking of getting some nice heavy weight canvas trousers with turn-ups lately.  The cable knit turtleneck  and way too tight jacket make him look like a pregnant schoolboy.

This looks to be the most normal wearable outfit.  hell about 2/3rds of my friends dress like this.  I like the chambray hooded shirt, but I fear that the hood would be too small to use and would be purely a design feature.  And what the hell is up with the fanny pack worn bandolier like?  Makes him look like a fanny...

Surprisingly enough this may be my favorite outfit.  Twee yes,  I would definitely ditch the hat
but I could see going out on a pub crawl dressed like that.  I think it would fit with my lions mane quite well.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting that now the workwear/Americana style (which has been mostly slim cut) is now veering into sack jackets like the last one, which are nothing even approaching slim. I guess they would compensate by sizing down an absurd amount? Also I guess the short length contributes to the slim look.

    ReplyDelete